Home
 
LaGrange, GA
LaGrange, GA - Churches






First Methodist Church, LaGrange, GA
Built in 1898, this church was the third Methodist Church to sit on this site.  It was torn down in 1963 to erect the present sanctuary.  At the right is the Parsonage, which was torn down in 1937 so a Sunday School building could be built.  The stained glass windows were later used in the Chapel at LaGrange College where they still can be seen today.




First Methodist Church in 1922




First Methodist Church
Built in 1898, this church was the third Methodist Church to sit on this site.  It was torn down in 1963 to erect the present sanctuary.    The stained glass windows were later used in the Chapel at LaGrange College where they still can be seen today.




First Methodist Church
Built in 1898, this church was the third Methodist Church to sit on this site.  It was torn down in 1963 to erect the present sanctuary. 




First Methodist Church - 1965
Built in 1965, it is the fourth Methodist Church to be built on this site dating back to 1829.





Episcopal Mission, LaGrange, GA
This building was thought to be located on Murphy Avenue in S.W. LaGrange.  The founding was a collaboration between the Episcopal Church and Fuller Callaway, Sr.




First Baptist Church 1900
This original version of the First Baptist Sanctuary was built in 1855 at the Northwest corner of the court square. 




First Baptist Church - 1910
This original version of the First Baptist Sanctuary was built in 1855 at the Northwest corner of the court square. 




First Baptist Church - 1925
The staircase was changed in this postcard.




First Baptist Church 1930
Staircase was changed again during this period. Six columns on the front now.




First Presbyterian Church & LaGrange Sanitarium - 1905
This postcard view of Church St. shows the Presbyterian Church and LaGrange's first hospital, the LaGrange Sanitarium.




First Presbyterian Church - 1900
This postcard was printed previous to 1907 when the written message was supposed to be written across the front of the card. 




First Presbyterian Church
This church, located at the corner of Church and West Haralson Sts., later was used by Maddox Funeral Home and today is again used by a church.




First Presbyterian Church - 1921
This church, built in 1921, was heavily damaged by fire and rebuilt in 1951It was located at the corner of Broad St. and North Lewis Sts.  It is still used by the Presbyterian church today.




Second Methodist Episcopal Church, LaGrange
This church originally stood on Hines St., but was relocated due to the building of LaFayette
Parkway.  It is now the Taste of Lemon restaurant and this card is used courtesy of Donna Close of Taste of Lemon restaurant.




Postcardman.org